Tuesday, February 11, 2014

CROWDFUNDING

Just over a year ago, I had no idea what this term meant.  Today I have a very good idea what it means.  It means that with the help and support of so many friends, family, customers, and complete strangers I am able to self-publish my first cookbook/memoir together with my husband.  Along the way, I've learned how to write, edit, copyedit, design and print a book, and navigate the new uncharted waters of social media and social advertising and marketing.  I have learned how to make videos, how to crop and optimize photographs, how to twitter, how to tweet, how to drop into a dropbox, and- oh yes- how to blog. Hopefully I've learned how to avoid spamming my contacts...

Most of all, I love knowing now that I'm not alone in this world, and that there's a whole support system out there ready to be called on when one needs it.  May all of us only need it for good things...
Well, 96 hours left now in our campaign!
$15,000 is a really nice, round figure.
Keep up the good work for a little bit longer!
Help us get a good night's sleep.

Of course it helps to have the crowdfunding link - (silly me) -

www.indiegogo.com/projects/secrets-from-lori-rapp-s-kitchen-tales-and-recipes-from-jerusalem-s-la-cuisine

Thank You All,
Lori Rapp

No comments:

Post a Comment