Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WRITING A COOKBOOK/MEMOIR

When I think back to November 2012 when Marvin and I left La Cuisine and decided to write a memoir/cookbook of our experiences of 21 years in the intense business in which we found ourselves, I feel almost silly for thinking that we could just sit down for a couple of months, dedicate ourselves to the project, and be done with it.

One year  and five months later, the end is in sight, but we still find ourselves with our noses to the grindstone, mostly morning till night, alternating between sitting in front of the computer, and running in the kitchen measuring yet again, rolling dough yet again, squeezing out cookies yet again, tasting way too much of so many delicious things yet again, and of course- back, shoulders, and neck aching yet again.

Because we have a deadline coming up, and because we really need to start getting on with our lives (yes, there is life after La Cuisine...), I actually still feel very stressed, as opposed to exhilarated.  I suppose I'll feel better once I see those first few books rolling off the press. or maybe once I have more time to spend with my grandchildren, or with friends, or with some more meaningful work with which to fill my days.

But for now, we're pretty proud of what we've produced. A few more weeks of sweat, and then I sure hope you'll all enjoy the product of our labour!
Lori Shows Off Her Handy Work with Some Choice Dessertsand this was just yesterday...

WE ARE STILL TAKING PREORDERS FOR OUR MEMOIR/COOKBOOK:



No comments:

Post a Comment